About Lumea Photo
Hey! I'm Amy!
The girl behind the lens here at Lumea Photo. I delight in capturing the essence of a business, brand or eatery and have over 7 years experience in the photography industry.
Photography for me is really all about the people. I love to see the people behind each business, working hard and pouring out their passions. Being a business owner myself, I understand just how much work goes on behind the scenes. Because of this, I also know that creating visual content for your business is so important but often falls to the bottom of every to do list. This is why Lumea Photo exists, to create beautiful visual content you’re proud of and make the job of presenting your business to the world and attracting ideal clients easier for you!
Get to Know Amy
- I’m always up for a spontaneous weekend hike and would eat out for breakfast every morning if I could.
- A cup of tea and book in hand is one of my favourite views!
- You could take me to the cinema any night of the week and I’d be one happy girl!
- I love to travel and delight in learning about new cultures.
- I think everyone’s story is amazing and truly love hearing about peoples passions
- I love the life I’m building on Sunshine Coast with my partner in crime Josh, but often dream of moving somewhere colder in summer! I’m definitely a winter lover!
lumea / lumen - “light of life” - people, world, humanity, mankind.
Lumea to me means family and community, and instantly reminds me of big, seafood filled tables surrounded by friends and family!
My family owned and operated a local commercial + wholesale seafood business. When it came to naming the boat, my parents took the first letter or two from everyone's names in our family to create Lumea K (Lucy, Megan, Amy and Kathy - you always name a boat after a female!).
I think it’s pretty wonderful that I can carry the name forward into the next family business, as my Dad is now semi retired, so Lumea K is no longer a running boat. But the name continues on, just in a very different business form!
So welcome to Lumea Photo, we value community, family, high quality service and well, good food!